Planning Calendar For Students
- Registration will begin the 3rd Saturday in September. Each student will receive a Student registration packet that will include the Student Handbook, which will include student responsibilities and the duties of the Student Body Officers.
- Each class should identify a class secretary by the second class in September or the first class in October.
- The last school year secretary or Vice President should collect any new information during the first and second Chapel Service of the new academic year.
- Student Body elections should take place during the third Chapel Service of the new academic year. A Faculty Advisor in conjunction with the Dean will facilitate the election process utilizing Robert's Rules of Order.
- Instructor's for each class should review Studet Body Officers responsibilities before Chapel election.
- Senior' in conjunction with a Student Body Advisor should begin preliminary preparations for the Christmas Luncheon by the 3rd Saturday in October. (see hand book section Christmas Luncheon) Form a Christmas Luncheon Committee including a Junior, Sophmore and Frshmen representatives, Identify a list of potential speakers for the Dean's approval, secure the date from the Dean.
- Student Body Elections, 1st Saturday of the month
- Regular Chapel Services should begin with a Senior as speaker.
- The Christmas Luncheon Committe should continue work on flyers and tickets.
- Continue work on the Christmas Luncheon
- Tickets to sell should be ready for distribution to the Student Body.
- Begin putting data together for yearbook ads
- Confirm Christmas Luncheon Speaker with a letter and confirm the number of guests, they will bring.
- Preliminary count of tickes sold by the 1st Saturday.
- Seating arrangement for the Christmas Luncheon guests should be completed.
- Faculty, Teaching Assistants and Administrative Staff with guests should be completed.
- The Christmas Luncheon 12:00-3:00 p.m. the 3rd Saturday.
- The Begining of Christmas Break, lasts until the 3rd Saturday in January.
- Distribute ad sheets for yearbook through class secretaries.
- Seniors form committee(s) for Graduation Luncheon and Yearbook
- Report earnings and payouts from Christmas Luncheon then project budget for graduation
- Begin taking yearbook pictures.
- Seniors identify speaker(s) for graduation luncheon and commencement and submit to the Dean.
- Distribute budget projections for graduation activities.
- Get an update as to where students are with yearbook ads.
- Yearbook committee should begin gathering pictures and distributing bio forms to classes.
- Seniors begin working on Final projects.
- All graduation committies should meet every class session.
- Status on ads for yearbook and buget status (are you on target with your projections).
- Initial contact, and followup letters to speakers should go out.
- Advise student body of graduation status for luncheon and commencement.
- Students should begin turning in ads for the yearbook.
- Yearbook committiee should begin gatherings letters fron the Dean and other letters as needed.
- Preliminary desigh for graduation program and for the luncheon should begin.
- Graduation Luncheon menu finalized with kitchen staff.
- Senior "final Project Draft's" due by the last of March.
- Tickest for the Graduation Luncheon should be passed out by the first class in April
- Senior bio draft given to each graduate for review and editing, and returned by the second class in April.
- Each class scripture and student pictures are due to yearbook committiee by the first class in April.
- Final draft of the yearbook is due by the end of April.
- Senior's guest list, including their respective Churches should be mailed out.
- Seating arrangements for the graduation luncheon should be completed by the end of April.
- Order robes and class rings for Seniors and Juniors. (see Administration)
- Last of ads and patrons lists are due by mid-April
- Yearbook to printer by mid-April.
- Review the first draft of the yearbook before the final printing at the end of the month.
- Senior's final Projects due No later than the last class in April.
- Final count of luncheon ticket money due by the first class.
- Confirm speakers and their guest with a call the first week in May.
- Final seating arrangement completed by the second week in May.
- Confirm the final count with the kitchen staff by the second week in May.
- Yearbooks should arrive ten days prior to the luncheon.
- Finalize, with administration, the buletin for graduation.
- Luncheon bulletins should be completed and at the school prior to the luncheon.
- Confirm any other speakers, musicians for the luncheon and graduation.
- Rings and robes should arrive.
- Student body Officers should meet one week after graduation to finalize the budget and notes for the following graduating class.